Friday, December 24, 2010
This week we went to Disneyland before Christmas and it rained and rained and rained!
We knew it was going to be raining but our version of rain and what we got was totally different.
In Phoenix, when we get rain it lasts for about 15 minutes and it's gone.
So to be in pouring rain for 3 days straight was crazy.
We still had a blast (nothing that a couple of glasses of sangria can't fix)!
Disneyland was gorgeous and the lights amazing!
But by day 3, we were ready to get home
to our beautiful, always sunny, still in the 70's in December, Chandler, AZ.
We were even blessed with a beautiful double rainbow for our ride home.
Thankfully, Ivan bought us season passes for Christmas so we will hopefully be back soon (when it's not raining).
Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas Eve!
Saturday, December 11, 2010
1. I love our weather, we are in the mid 70's in the day and in the 50's in the night. Just perfect for sitting outside with the neighbors and enjoying a fire while the kids play.
2. I love doing Christmas crafts with Garrett. We bought this Nativity set at Hobby Lobby. I just love how it turned out.
3. I love Christmas photos. Every December, I change out my white mats and photos for red mats and Christmas photos. I have been a slacker mom this year and have not had Garrett's picture taken with Santa, I better get going on that!!!
4. I love my snowman I made at Terri Brush's Art Camp. Every time I see it, it reminds me of the great time I had there. Can't wait for next fall.
5. I love family room camp-outs with Garrett. Last night we moved the coffee table and set up the air mattress. We stayed up late eating popcorn and watching Home Alone 2.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and is really enjoying this Holiday Season!
Sunday, December 5, 2010
I know I have been a blog slacker lately but this is just a crazy time of the year!
Even though I scratch things off my "TO DO LIST", it seems like the list keeps getting longer!!!
Well, last night we took a break from all the craziness and went to watch Chandler's Parade of Lights.
Garrett was so excited because his Cub Scout Troop had a float in the parade.
This is our first year going to see the parade and we had a blast!
Even Garrett's Grandma K came out to see him in the parade.
We will definitely make a point to go every year from now on because it was just wonderful.
After the parade ended,
we walked over to the downtown square to see Chandler's Famous Tumbleweed Christmas Tree.
If you live in the area, you really need to take a walk around downtown Chandler,
it will really get you in the Christmas spirit.